Friday, May 27, 2011

panamanian love

(Written on Sunday, May 22, 2011--just got hold of internet for the first time!)

Today, we arrived in Ngobe Bugle, Chiriqui and the comarca. We are staying at the Padre´s IHS compound. Although the accommodations here are not as nice as Panama City, I still have nothing to complain about. It is actually nicer here than I had expected. Living with 18 other girls in one room can get hectic at times, but I think we are all getting along perfectly.

In Panama City, we stayed at an old American military base that is located literally right across from the Panama Canal. The Panama Canal is a remarkable thing--we watched ships go in and out of the canal for probably two hours, at least. Later that night, Matt, Will, Suzi, and I went to a local restaurant on the base that had a great view of the canal; we watched the sunset and saw an enormous cargo ship approach teh canal. Later that night, all 23 of us students and Dr. Cadena and Eloisa went out to dinner and enjoyed the local tastes of Panama. We all bonded and shared stories.

After that second night in Panama City, I realized that I am experiencing an amazing opportunity with amazing friends, and I wouldn´t want to be anywhere else in the world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment