Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Panama

Panama is one of the most beutiful countries that I have been too. It reminds me of Bosnia and Herzegovina my home country with all beautiful mountains and rivers. Panama turned out to be a much more better place from what I expected. The compound that we are staying at in San Felix is very pretty and decently clean. The only bad part about our stay at compound for me is the rice that we have everyday for each meal, but slowly I am getting used to it. Panamanian´s are very calm and sweet people that don´t rush anywhere. For them time orientation seems not be to be important. It´s been a challenge to get used to ¨Panamanian time¨ always late but slowly we are all getting used to it.

Gracias and Por Favor is not very common in Panama, that suprised me at begining but later we were informed to not expect that since it is not common with the Panamanian culture. Panamanian women seem very serious, shy, kind, and dedicated to their families and homes. They wear long dresses head to toe. Panamanian males seem to be more dominant and controlling. Overall Panamanian people are very generous and kind. Most Panamanian´s at San Felix live in small homes and have cows and horses. Poor living is prevelant.

No comments:

Post a Comment