Saturday, May 28, 2011

que diferencia

today is our free day here at la playa de barqueta. we are enjoying the beach with 5 to 6 foot waves, black sand, beautiful pool, with perfect weather whereas we were previously in the comarca of panama serving the community through health education, administration of vaccinations, and information collection on how to better serve the people. it hits me so hard every time to see the drastic difference within the same country. what makes me even more sad is that i know within 2 weeks i will be back home with all of my amenities and comforts of home and they will remain in their poverty stricken communities where the basic necessity of water is hard to come by. it breaks my heart to see people like that. in the midst of such a difficult situation, you see a child smile and it breaks through all the darkness around. how a child can smile and have that happiness is beyond me, but i think it has to do with the innocence of a child where they dont quite understand what is going on. they are just living life with high aspirations.
i am having the time of my life and cant wait to see wait is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment