Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm Dr. Friend..Dr. Best Friend.

Tuesday May 24th.

We traveled to the city of David. I read in the travel guide that it is the 2nd largest city in Panama. David has the University of Chiriqui, which is one of two colleges in Panama (public at least, from what I gathered). The day started out with speakers from the faculty of the nursing part of the university. All I could really understand was "welcome" and "students from the University of South Florida. The rest of the Spanish went over my head.

After all the speaking, they gave us cups of delicious fresh fruit and small boxes of chicken bites with french fries. They we headed over the the pediatric hospital. Here we got wifi (YAY!!) and a tour of each floor of the hospital. They showed us the dental chair on one of the floors. It's strange to see a dentist chair in the hospital!

I'm looking forward to coming back to the hospital in the upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment