Thursday, May 26, 2011

Leaving the country for the first time!

Leaving the country for my very first time has definitely been quite the experience. I had always assumed I would be making the journey with my family one day, and here I am, alone in Panama. Just a few short month ago I did not even own a passport! Living in Florida my entire place I couldn't have even imagined what a place like Panama would look like before seeing it myself. I have been forced to communicate with the little Spanish I know, had rice and beans for both lunch and dinner almost 5 nights in a row now, and taken nothing but cold showers. However, I must say I am really enjoying the experience! It is important to be able to see how others who are less fortunate live in this world. This is an experience that could never come from any textbook or television set. The landscape is beautiful and the people are all so welcoming and proud to share their culture with us. I can't wait to see what the rest of this trip has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment