Monday, May 30, 2011

Half Way Point

Today is our 11th day out of 22. Its hard to believe that it is half way already. I am missing home, and will be glad to head back, however I will truley miss being here. Panama is quite intriguing. Since I last wrote, we have been to Hato Juli, my clinic, 3 more times and had a fun weekend at the beach.

Clinically I have gotten to do some cool things. Probably my favorite, thus far, was getting to feel a 27 week pregnant woman´s baby. It was amazing to feel such a little head and listen to its heart beat with my stethoscope. Embarrassing but it is the truth, that I finally have done my first manual blood pressure. Infact, I have done many. I know by the end of this trip I will be an expert at manual blood pressures and vaccinations. Panamanians love to get vaccinated! Sadly I have also seen severe cases of scabes. Today, I saw a 2 month old baby and mother with a terrible case. There are so many things, I could go on and on.

Coming up this week we will be going to our different clinics through Wednesday, and then Thursday we will be going to the hospital in David, that will be exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment