Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Today is the first day I have been able to blog so I have alot to say. This trip has been a lot different than I expected but in a good way. I am at a clinic at Soloy which is in the Comarca (indian reservation) of the Ngobe Bugle people. I have had the oppotunity to do lots of shots and vaccinations in the clinic along with learning a lot about this different culture of the Ngobe Bugle people. Today we taught at the local elementary school. I was awesome! The children are so eager to learn and excited that we are there, not to mention that they are absolutely adorable! For the teaching today we taught 3 first grade classes, and 1 second grade class about hand washing, teeth brushing, nutrition, and a few words in english. The kids just couldn´t get enough of it, they were literally lining up to wash their hands in a little bowl that we brough, and so so excited that the tooth brushes that we handed out were for them to take home. Overall today has been one of my favorite days since we have been here, I never though I would see kids so excited to simply have a toothbrush in their hands that is their own. Tomorrow we go back to the school to teach about recycling, I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment