Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We are pretty much at the end of our trip. I must say this has really been a good experience. Aside from being homesick at times and hbing hot showers, we all managed to enjoy our time in Panama to the fullest. Our last day at Soloy was a pretty exciting one. A man came in with a snake bite and had brought in the tail of the snake so the doctor could identify it. Unfourtunately, the clinic did not have the antecdote and the doctor had to call an ambulance which took over an hour. The snake had bitten him on his left lower calf. After an hour of being in the clinic his whole leg and foot were extremely swollen and the venum was spreading. There was also a lady who was close to giving birth so the ambulance took them both to David. I have a lot of injections to children, there was no school that day so the clinic was full. At the end of our clinical day we thanked the nurses and doctors and gave them gifts. The following day we went to the hospital in David and I had the opportunity to go into labor and delivery. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see a live birth. I didn't do much that day. After the hospital we went to UNACHI and did our final presentations, which in my opinion went very well. Today we drove back to Panama City and are spending the rest of the day at the villas. Overall, this has been a very successful trip. I've definitely learned a lot and appreciate everything I had. I know that I am very lucky to have such an amazing family and friends. I'm glad I came on this trip and I wouldn't trade my time here for anything. I want to thank everyone who made this trip possible!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were there. I missed your airplane eval w/Dr C and want to say you were consistently pleasant and alert.

    ReplyDelete