Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Post 3

For my last post we found ourselves traveling to the town of Boquete. It is a very nice mountain town that reminds me a lot of small towns present in California and Colorado. It was very "Americanized" compared to the previous parts of Panama we had been in.
While in Boquete I had the chance to partake in the many outdoor activities present. The first day we did a 16 mile round trip hike to the top of Baru volcano standing at 11,000 ft. The second day we did a 14 platform zip-line down another local mountain, which was very exhilarating, followed by a 2 hour four wheeling trip through some local trails.
Also we had the chance to stop at a local school for troubled boys and an orphanage. At the boys school, two other students and I played an intense hour plus game of soccer before heading off to the orphanage. I really enjoyed the orphanage, all the kids were very young and affectionate. We spent the majority of our time there giving out gifts and playing with the kids, it was one of my favorite parts of the trip.
We are now back at the City of Knowledge preparing to leave on Friday and I am looking forward to getting back home to my loved ones and all the amenities I've been without. I will always cherish this trip to the country of Panama and all the great people and experiences I encountered during my stay!!

1 comment:

  1. Missed your posts on Dr C's IPhone for some reason. It's fun to read of your adventures and perspective.

    ReplyDelete