Sunday, June 5, 2011

Me llamo Suzi y esoty sucia.

Panama could definitely be one of the best experiences of my life thus far. I've been able to expand my education, make new friends, and truly enjoy and appreciate the Panamanian culture.

I was able to see a birth at the clinic in Alto Caballero, which was such an amaaaaazing experience to see, especially in the clinic setting where things aren't as official as a hospital. I was literally right behind the doctor watching the baby come out. Then I was able to help clean the minutes-old nina.

In Boquete, we climbed to the top of the Volcano Baru for 12 hours. Those 12 hours I hope to delete from my memory because I didn't like it!! I'm glad to say I completed it, but I would not climb that much unless I had been training for it. We also went zip lining through the mountains which was breathtaking.

Before coming on this trip, I had misjudged some people. But through my time here, I have been able to truly get to know people and realize my mistakes. Just because a girl talks about lettuce wraps for 20 minutes doesn't mean that she's as weird and stuck up as I thought. There is actually a song about how driving a tractor will cut the grass faster..and I know alot of the lyrics. You can get your doctorate in friendology and metrology, in just a matter of one short week. Little friends named Deebra should be kept in your backpack for safe keeping. And apparently Panamanians like blondes and booties. So many inside jokes, created in only two weeks in a foreign country. The three best friends that anyone-could-ever-haveeee!

Thanks everyone on the trip, Dr. Cadeeeens, Eloisa, and Daaarrriioo!

No comments:

Post a Comment