Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Trip is Done!

All and all the trip was AMAZING! Though there were some frustrating times, in the end I learned so much and could not imagine not doing the trip.

The past 3 weeks are kind of a blur. We did so much in such a short amount of time. I got to see different parts of the country from driving from place to place and experience health care in the jungle and in the city. I also had the pleasure of learning about what nursing school is like in Panama. (Their students have 4 years of actual nursing school, where we only have 2.) I went on a 16 mile hike, four-wheeling, and zip lining. It really was a jam-packed trip. I even got to have the lovely experience of being a patient in a Panamanian hospital when I stepped on a needle that was supposedly used to anesthetize a goat before castrating it. So many things to tell, but that would go on for pages. Panama is a very diverse country and I would love to go back and experience more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment