Friday, June 10, 2011

Me llamo Will

This is Will Boland, I cannot create an account for some reason.





Our last clinical days came and went. I have to say it was an interesting experience for the most part. The Doctors at Soloy were very helpful and wanted to exchange knowledge and practices. The last day there was a patient with a venomous snake bite, we were lucky enough to have a Dr that spoke english and he explained to us their treatment protocols and how and where they transport him etc. I gave him some splinting supplies, a tourniquet and a pressure bandage. They may have to use the supplies shortly, whereas for me they were for practice or for "just in case".


Im glad we went to the hospital in David, because from a medical experience standpoint much more was gained there. I saw a birth, thorocenticis, gave an IV to a baby, and more. I hope the birth excludes me from seeing one in semester 4! As great of an experience it was, I would prefer not to see that again. It was interesting that they only received some pain meds and family was not allowed in, and they werent even in the hospital as far as I understood.

1 comment:

  1. only topical for the episiotomy, no pain med option there in the public hospital. One miracle of birth viewing is enough?! :)

    ReplyDelete